Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vintage Drag Race - 1955

I just love old home movies.

My grandparents recently brought out all of their silent 8mm footage for me to watch, and I couldn't get enough of it. You fall in love with those seemingly spotless moments in time, everything silent and sophisticated. Amazing cars and amazing fashion. It just all seemed so innocent ... and, well - perfect. Maybe it's the soft lull of the projector as it turns out memories ... Or maybe it's the faded quality of the film, giving life that dreamy sepia tone...


Or maybe the 50's really were the best years America will ever know?





Anyway, I found this really neat capture of the 1950's drag racing scene on YouTube.
The guys huddling around the cars are pretty much the same guys you will see today ...
Just a little less ink. Gotta love it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment