Tuesday, March 15, 2011

For the Love of Burlesque: Part 4


During the 2010 New York Burlesque Festival at Brooklyn Bowl,
I was delighted with my introduction to the magnificent troupe known as "Brown Girls Burlesque."

Up until this, I thought I had seen it all!

These ladies are uniquely motivated by their roots, and pull together women of color from all across the globe, with the intention of bringing their own reflection to the world of Burlesque...

A world, where they have been traditionally under-represented - and strongly under-appreciated. 

I think they are spectacular!'

The link at the top will take you to their "Iko Iko" performance, which I'm certain you will fall in love with.

The "good stuff" really starts around the "1 minute mark" in the film, so if you're pressed for time I would suggest fast forwarding to the sweet spot. Although it is ALL worth seeing, so knock yourself out! ;) 

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment