Monday, March 14, 2011

After the Lights Go Down Low

This weekend I found a record that I've been seeking for AGES...

And imagine my surprise when I saw that THIS was it's cover!
There's just so much "wrong" here??

In fact, I wasn't sure I'd found the right album at all. I knew the title of the song I was looking for...
"After the Lights Go Down Low" ... But I had to have the store clerk play it before I was convinced. ;)

Any-who. I'd like to share this song with you.
It's by Al Hibbler, and I think he is absolutely phenomenal. Not so well known, but worth knowing in my opinion. His biggest hit was "Unchained Melody" ... which I'm certain we've all heard once or twice. ;)


Here is a little collection of his music, the first song being one of my new found favorites. I first heard it during one of Angie Pontani's burlesque performances in Manhattan, and I've been hunting for his vinyl ever since.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment