Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Want a Lavender Cadillac

I've been searching for this song on vinyl for AGES, and now I know why I haven't found it!

Because Lavern Baker recorded this song a couple of years before hitting it big ... under her real name, Bea Baker with Maurice King & His Wolverines. Go figure???


Long story short, when I started looking for my very own classic car, this song persuaded me to find a lavender Cadillac, for real.
Come to find out they were way out of my price range at the time. ;)

But at least I've got the song now! The video is a little corny, but the song is phenomenal.  I hope you like Lavern as much as I do! 

2 comments:

  1. Lavern Baker is one of my favorites along with Wynona Carr and Ruth Brown. They are amazing!!! I have lots of other faves of course but those 3 ladies are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha how strange my husband and I were just talking about lavendar cadillacs the other day in relation to this song!

    ReplyDelete