Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bubble Gum Girl


Some may say this is me "projecting my own neurosis" onto the general population ...
But I see it as an opportunity to voice a very important principle of proper etiquette.
This goes for all women, across the globe ... regardless of "style." 

It is not now, nor has it ever been, acceptable to chew with your mouth open.
It is simply NOT OK.

Smacking your bubble gum does not make you appear:
A. Sexy
B. Flirtatious
C. Social

Smacking gum and popping obnoxiously loud bubbles makes you look like a child.
I'm sorry, but that's the harsh truth of the matter.

And not just any child, at that ...
A child that was never taught any table manners.

Now, I know your grandma didn't let that fly when you were a kid. ;)

So show a little respect for those around you, and keep those pretty red lips closed while chewing!

If you're squirming in your chair right now, a little red in the face because you know I'm talking to you .... have no fear.


It's never too late to develop a good habit!
God knows, I've started late on a few...

Simply start now, paying close attention to your "form" when eating.

Even pick a partner in crime, someone you trust, who can call you out when you slip up!
If she doesn't ... I will! ;)

Now take this, go out into the world, and chew silently, with poise and grace ...
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment