Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Some Say Disney World is the Most Magical Place on Earth ... I say Coney Island.

Circa 1950-something...


I'm not kidding. You may have been out there a time or two in the last 10 years or so, but what you see now is definitely not what used to be.

What used to be was one of the most entertaining spots on earth! People flocked from all over the world to experience the thrilling rides, intriguing freak shows and all too famous hot dogs.

Yes. I would give my right arm to insert myself into one of the photographs below. I think this looks like a rockin' good time. Know what I mean, jelly bean?













4 comments:

  1. This is too cool. What a difference a day makes?
    Nothing will ever be the same out there. Here's to keeping the dream alive!

    - lover of all things coney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing my true love of coney island!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible set of photographs indeed. Thanks so much for posting them. Wow!

    ReplyDelete